Intersections Media Opportunities for Youth Society: filmmaking/visual art/life skills training program
VANCOUVER BC CANADA
… the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story. It is only by going through a volume of work that… your work will be as good as your ambitions.
– Ira Glass
Intersections Media Opportunities for Youth Society JOB POSTING:
Participant in filmmaking/visual art/life skills training program
[paid position- MINIMUM WAGE]
INTAKE 1 April 16- May 17, 2012- completed.
INTAKE 2 May 28 – June 28, 2012- completed.
INTAKE 3 July 9 – August 9, 2012- completed.
INTAKE 4 AUG 20- SEPT 20, 2012- completed.
INTAKE 5 OCT 1- NOV 1, 2012- currently underway.
INTAKE 6 NOV 12- DEC 13, 2012- full.
We are currently interviewing applicants for:
INTAKE 7 JAN 14- FEB 14, 2013 – 2 of 6 spots available
INTAKE 8 FEB 25- MAR 28, 2013- 6 of 6 spots available
• Participate in 5 week filmmaking/ creative arts/ life skills training program while earning minimum wage!
• Group of 6 keen students learn all aspects of filmmaking (with key instructor, filmmaker Fred Thorsen) and participate in therapeutic art activities from journaling, drawing to sock monkeys (with youth coordinator/art therapist Kat Thorsen)
• Participate in life skills and employment skills training
• Must attend fully, and be on time, and be respectful of peers and venue
• Will produce (as a group) Public Service Announcement for a non-profit organization
• Will produce individual bio videos
• Program runs 5 weeks Monday-Thursdays 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
• Must express keen interest in filmmaking and creative arts (no previous experience necessary)
• Some computer skill is helpful
• Self-motivation is key
• Applicant has faced barriers to employment
• Must be between ages 19-29 (location of program is upstairs at District 319, a 19+ event venue)
• Must have social insurance number
Please get a referral and a case number from employment agency then call Katarina to arrange an interview. Or contact youth coordinator, Katarina (Kat), directly to arrange interview and visit employment centre afterwards get a referral form upon acceptance to program. If you have taken a previous Skills Link Program, you may or may not be eligible. Please consult with your case manager!
604 488 4348 (leave message)