Intersections Media Opportunities for Youth Society: filmmaking/visual art/life skills training program
VANCOUVER BC CANADA
This journal exercise was a great way to start Monday morning of Week 2 as we all try to get back into routine after eventful weekends. It’s a meditative, relaxing process.
Step 1. On a white sheet, write about the words: ANTICIPATION, PROCESS and AFTERMATH. Look up the definitions. What comes to mind for you?
Step 2. Color the lines with dry paste. Spray with hairspray to stop smudging.
Step 3. Cut the lines into strips.
Step 4. Weave the lines together. Let go! It’s brain gym!
Intake 1 (2012-2013) links
Intake 2 (2012-2013) links
Intake 3 (2012-2013) links
Intersections Media Opportunities for Youth Society JOB POSTING:
Participant in filmmaking/visual art/life skills training program
[paid position- MINIMUM WAGE]
INTAKE 1 April 16- May 17, 2012- completed.
INTAKE 2 May 28 – June 28, 2012- completed.
INTAKE 3 July 9 – August 9, 2012- completed.
INTAKE 4 AUG 20- SEPT 20, 2012- currently underway.
We are currently interviewing applicants for:
INTAKE 5 OCT 1- NOV 1, 2012- 4 of 6 spots available.
INTAKE 6 NOV 12- DEC 13, 2012- 5 of 6 spots available
INTAKE 7 JAN 14- FEB 14, 2013 – 5 of 6 spots available
INTAKE 8 FEB 25- MAR 28, 2013- 6 of 6 spots available
• Participate in 5 week filmmaking/ creative arts/ life skills training program while earning minimum wage!
• Group of 6 keen students learn all aspects of filmmaking (with key instructor, filmmaker Fred Thorsen) and participate in therapeutic art activities from journaling, drawing to sock monkeys (with youth coordinator/art therapist Kat Thorsen)
• Participate in life skills and employment skills training
• Must attend fully, and be on time, and be respectful of peers and venue
• Will produce (as a group) Public Service Announcement for a non-profit organization
• Will produce individual bio videos
• Program runs 5 weeks Monday-Thursdays 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
• Must express keen interest in filmmaking and creative arts (no previous experience necessary)
• Some computer skill is helpful
• Self-motivation is key
• Applicant has faced barriers to employment
• Must be between ages 19-29 (location of program is upstairs at District 319, a 19+ event venue)
• Must have social insurance number
Please get a referral and a case number from employment agency then call Katarina to arrange an interview. Or contact youth coordinator, Katarina (Kat), directly to arrange interview and visit employment centre afterwards get a referral form upon acceptance to program. If you have taken a previous Skills Link Program, you may or may not be eligible. Please consult with your case manager!
604 488 4348 (leave message)