Day 1 was all about getting to know each other and the program before we get onto filmmaking, and the best way to get break the ice is to spend the afternoon making sock monkeys! Magical!
Intersections Media Opportunities for Youth Society JOB POSTING:
Participant in filmmaking/visual art/life skills training program
We are currently interviewing applicants for:
INTAKE 1 April 16- May 17, 2012- in session. Full.
INTAKE 2 May 28 – June 28, 2012- as of today 4 of 6 spots available.
• Participate in 5 week filmmaking/ creative arts/ life skills training program while earning minimum wage!
• Group of 6 keen students learn all aspects of filmmaking (with key instructor, filmmaker Fred Thorsen) and participate in therapeutic art activities from journaling, drawing to sock monkeys (with youth coordinator/art therapist Kat Thorsen)
• Participate in life skills and employment skills training
• Must attend fully, and be on time, and be respectful of peers and venue
• Will produce (as a group) Public Service Announcement for a non-profit organization
• Will produce individual bio videos
• Program runs 5 weeks Monday-Thursdays 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
• Must express keen interest in filmmaking and creative arts (no previous experience necessary)
• Some computer skill is helpful
• Self-motivation is key
• Applicant has faced barriers to employment
• Must be between ages 19-29 (location of program is upstairs at District 319, a 19+ event venue)
• Must have social insurance number
Please get a referral and a case number from employment agency then call Katarina to arrange an interview. Or contact youth coordinator, Katarina (Kat), directly to arrange interview and visit employment centre afterwards get a referral form upon acceptance to program.
604 488 4348 (leave message)
TO READ BLOG POSTS ABOUT OUR PROGRAM GO TO:
Other intake dates coming up!!!
INTAKE 3 July 9 – August 9, 2012
INTAKE 4 AUG 20- SEPT 20, 2012
INTAKE 5 OCT 1- NOV 1, 2012
INTAKE 6 NOV 12- DEC 13, 2012
INTAKE 7 JAN 14- FEB 14, 2013
INTAKE 8 FEB 25- MAR 28, 2013